Wednesday, December 31

happy new year!

It's 1:14 in South Korea, and Soeul is amazing and full of people. It was like a mosh pit times 13 hours ahead and full of beautiful and adorable women and men, and me in my funny boots and strange asian-english accent (just being around broken english brings it out, which is so strange because I barely speak Tagalog!) and my friends all drunk and raucous and giving shots to the bartenders so they forget that we're in a group of 30+ obnoxious Americans. I hope noone finds out that Jae and Kapila are using our program fees to get us drunk after lunch and dinner every day. It was a good night, a great day, and a wonderful way to end 2008. I said last New Year's that 2008 was going to be brilliant and I was so right! Thank you, everyone that was a part of it, whether you know it or not.

Now I'm going to bed and falling asleep to that Walkmen song that I can't get enough of (thank you Kenny!) and waking up for a free brunch and a free day to find mmmg and start on our Palace Visitor Center project.

Happy New Year everybody! It's 2009!!!

2 comments:

Lexie said...

happy new year!

s.murph said...

welp. the best way to keep something secret is by posting it on the internet.

'least that's what my mother tells me.

Happy New Year. Here's looking at 2008. We get one more second today.