Wednesday, December 24

It's Christmas Eve and I have a migraine. It's kind of painful to use my brain, but I can't help but think of my dad and the migraines that kept us from Halloweens and Fourths of July and the windows I looked out of as I swore at my dad and fireworks and dressed up children and their obsessive, controlling moms, because they were put in cheer leading camp, and their drunken, negligent fathers, because they came to class bragging about breaking the glass coffee table with his camera when they were in a fight. Now I just curse my niece and nephew because they are difficult, like all children, and all I can do is ignore it until they grow up.

5 comments:

Ty said...

Yeah... I think by -not- going home for Christmas, I'm going to enjoy it a lot more.

and yeah i'll be there for NY. Where will u b?

,say, "Kenny" said...

My Dad just told me that being unperturbed and tolerant of my wayward brother when he wasn't around was wrong. This makes it wrong of me to wish for peace over the winter holidays.

Growing up is difficult without proper sunlight and water.

лора said...

merry chirstmas!

my cousins are all in high school now thank god.

Ty said...

Well yeah.. I was going to see some hometownies but I figured if any of yall were in the area it wouldn't hurt to try and see you guys too.

But, have fun in SK, sounds like it'd be pretty rad.

лора said...

phew leandra! because i thought you meant REALLY putting them down! sheesh!

teehee